It’s a proved fact that love for technologies begins in childhood. Today students go to school with smartphones and do their homework on tablets.
There are many teenagers in Armenia now, who not only use smartphones and tablets but also try to create something on their own - a game, an app or a program.
Itel.am continues its IT Teens series, presenting Armenian teenagers who’ve been interested in technologies since early childhood and create products in this industry.
13-year-old Gevorg Hyusisyan attends a robotics club, knows several coding languages and has founded a startup with friends.
Gevorg and his friends are developing a website dedicated to Armenian cuisine.
“The website tells about traditional Armenian dishes and teaches how to cook them. It’ll help, for instance, to prevent Turks from saying lavash is their national bread. There were 5 of us working on the website, but 3 of my friends don’t live in Armenia anymore, so the startup team is just two people now. We’ll finish the website this year. We already have a new idea! My friend suggested creating a USB Pod for phones. I also made a hologram cube to use for screening hologram videos (that makes the picture 3d),” he noted.
Gevorg says he plans to become a web developer and found Hyusisyan Corporation together with his younger brother Hayk (we will tell about him soon).
Currently, Gevorg is an 8th grader at Derenik Demirchyan School N27. His teachers know about his extracurricular activities.
“They’re proud and they encourage me, saying I should keep coding, but not forget about school classes,” Gevorg said, laughing.
Blitz questions:- Would you prefer to play football in the yard or a computer game at home?
- Computer games at home as our neighborhood comprises mostly girls, there are only a few boys. If I went to play in the street, it wouldn’t be football. I love cycling. As for the video games, I like auto racing the best.- Imagine that computers and smartphones disappeared from the face of the Earth. What would you do?
- I’d ride a car or bicycle. Perhaps, I’d be a little upset.- What would you spend your first million on?
- I promised my father that the first thing I’ll do if I get rich would be to buy a Mercedes AMG GT C for him. I would spend the rest of the money on my startup and the Hyusisyan Corporation.- A vacation at Silicon Valley or the Maldives?
- The Maldives. I can live without Facebook and Google for some time (laughs). I’d like to have houses in Armenia and Los Angeles. I would travel back and forth as Los Angeles is my favorite city, although I’ve never been there. I’d like to have a house in Italy too, I love that country. I didn’t visit Italy, just in my dreams (laughs).- What famous IT person would you like to dine with?
- Steve Jobs, if he was alive. If I could turn around the clock, I would ask him about his secret of progress, about how iPhone conquered the whole world. We’d have Italian dishes, such as pizza, spaghetti. Narine DaneghyanPhotos by Emin Aristakesyan