On October 24, OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) Armenia’s monthly meeting took place in Hero House, where ArmSec Conference and Capture the Flag competition that will take place on November 23-24, were discussed.
ArmSec conference is an annual international cybersecurity conference, which is scheduled for November 24. The goals of the conference are strengthening the cybersecurity community in Armenia and discussing latest cybersecurity problems. Participants of the conference will be both Armenian and foreign leading specialists. Series of round-table discussions with focus on cybersec problems of Armenia will be held during the conference.
The main topics of the conference are:
- Armenian cybersecurity community's involvement in the digital transformation of privite sector and e-gov/gov-tech
- Armenia’s critical infrastructures’ protection from cyber attacks
- Public awareness of information security issues
- Cybersecurity inclusion in the educational system
- Public sharing of information about cyber attacks
- Ransomware type of attacks on Armenian corporations: possible protection solutions and influences
- APT type of attacks on Armenian governmental and private organizations
- Cybersecurity risks and cryptography in blockchain systems.
The day before the conference, on November 23, Capture the Flag (CTF) competition will start, which is aiming to bring together young cybersecurity professionals. During the two day event, more than 100 participants will involve in challenges of various difficulty level and earn points. Teams with the most points earned will be granted prizes.
The organizers of the ArmSec conference and Capture the Flag (CTF) competition are ArmSec Foundation, “OWASP” Armenia Chapter, Illuria Security and SmartGateVC. The organizers are open for partnership and collaboration with interested parties.