06:24 | 06.05.16 | IT Teens | exclusive 7938
It’s a proved fact that love for technologies begins in childhood. Today students go to school with smartphones and do their homework on tablets.
There are many teenagers in Armenia now, who not only use smartphones and tablets but also try to create something on their own - a game, an app or a program.
Itel.am begins a new series, presenting Armenian teenagers who’ve been interested in technologies since early childhood and create products in this industry.
Yerevan native 15-year-old Tigran Ohanyan learns web development at Tumo Center, taking various classes on creating websites and games. As a result of partaking in lessons on augmented reality, Tigran and his team created a virtual reality app.
My friends can’t wait to see my new game
I made a gaming website on my own. The game is about planets and friends. If you enter it through Facebook, you get your friends’ photos where the planets are, which you can “destroy”. In the end you can share on social networks which of your friends you “killed”.
I’ve been interested in technologies since childhood, first solely in computers. I go to an ordinary schools, I love informatics and math. My classmates know that I do game programming. They can’t wait to see my new game so they can play it.
I’m going to choose the “web programming” profession. I want to continue my education abroad, in Russia or USA. I haven’t decided on the university yet.
You need strong nerves to become a good programmer
It’s especially important at the moments of misunderstanding between you and the client. The ability to think quickly is also important, so that you manage to understand the demands and create the product based on them.
I’d recommend to found a corporation for development of gaming industry in Armenia, where the best Armenian IT specialists would work. Together they could promote a higher number of games produced in Armenia.
10 years later I see myself working in a well-known corporation. For instance, Google or Unisoft.
- Would you prefer to play football in the street or a computer game at home?
- A computer game, absolutely, for example, Counter-Strike.
- Imagine computers and smartphones disappeared from the face of the Earth. What would you do?
- I’d kill the person who made them disappear (laughs - edit.).
- What would you spend your first million on?
- I would invest it in development of IT industry in Armenia.
- A vacation in the Silicon Valley or on the Maldives?
- I would rather stay at home. It’s the best rest.
- What famous IT person would you like to dine with?
- To be honest, no one. If I want to find out something, I just Google about it. You can trust Google, it won’t tell lies out of jealousy, unlike some people.
Photos by Emin Aristakesyan
17:39 | 11.01.23 | Articles
Armenian Essemem.com will try to compete with Canva and Adobe
11:31 | 06.02.18 | Armenia Startup Academy
08:10 | 04.07.16 | Girls in Tech
06:17 | 29.06.16 | IT Teens